Church Society Charter
St. Ann Chapel, Kankakee County, Illinois
Reverend Charles Chiniquy
State of Illinois
At a meeting of the (French-Canadian) inhabitants of St. Ann in Kankakee County, State of Illinois, on the 3rd day of September 1859, in ( ) of a former notice given at the Chapel of the Christian Catholic Church of St. Ann, for the purpose of organizing a religious society,
- on a motion of Reverend Charles Chiniquy, seconded by Désiré Drolet, Louis Mercier was unanimously elected President;
- on a motion of Moise Langelier, seconded by Michel Drolet, Georges Gauthier was elected Secretary;
- on a motion of Joseph Martin, seconded by Anselme Robillard, it was unanimously resolved that this society be known and designated as the Christian Catholic Church;
- on a motion of Abraham Pelletier, seconded by Achille Chiniquy, it was unanimously resolved that there be elected for the government and management of this said Church Society, ten trustees, whose term of office shall last for one year from this day and until their successors in office shall have been elected by this said Society;
- on a motion of Magloire Desmarteaux, seconded by Louis Mercier, the following persons were proposed and unanimously elected for the management and direction of the Christian Catholic Church:
Reverend Charles Chiniquy,
The above named persons having accepted the said office of trustees have hereunto set their hands and seal:
Louis Mercier, President.
At a meeting of the Board of Trustees, on the 10th day of September 1859, the Reverend Charles Chiniquy was elected President unanimously.
Subscribed and sworn before me this 13th day of September 1859.